August 8, 2005
FCSI Announces Conference Honorees
The Foodservice Consultants Society International announced the names of several individuals and companies the organization will honor during its Annual Conference, which takes place Sept. 20-Sept. 22 in Anaheim, Calif.
Fedele Bauccio, co-founder and CEO of Bon Appetit Management Co., will receive the 2005 Trendsetter Award. His 45-year career in the foodservice industry includes several honors, including an Ivy Award from Restaurants & Institutions in 1992.
FCSI also named two consultants as winners of its 2005 Awards for Excellence in Management Advisory Services. The association named Tom Costello with the University of San Francisco the award winner for his project with Old Spaghetti Factory in Portland, Ore., “Putting the Work in Team Work—Managers/Service Staff partnering with Each Other to Engage in Nth Degree Service.”
Kevin Freeborn of Freeborn & Associates will receive an honorable mention for his work on the Canadian Restaurant & Foodservice Association National Food Safety Training Program.
The Association also named the companies chosen to display products in the Inaugural Innovation Showcase, dedicated to recognizing the “10 most innovative products for 2005.” FCSI consultants who visit each booth will have the opportunity to vote on the most innovative product, and the winner will receive the FCSI Product of the Year Award.
The 10 companies that will display products in the Innovation Showcase are:
- Aga Foodservice (pre-mix Infinity gas fryers)
- Aladdin Temp-Rite (Heat On Demand On Tray)
- Caddy Corp. (UVC conveyor drive cabinet sanitizing system)
- Electrolux Professional North America (Electrolux dishwasher with built-in water softener)
- Follett Corp. (Horizon Chewblet Icemaker)
- Hobart-Traulsen (Opti-Rise System for the C-Line and FT9000 warewashers)
- Kolpak (walk-in heavy-duty structural flooring)
- TurboChef Technologies (TurboChef Tornado)
- Vent Master (ventilated ceiling system)
- Winston Industries (SerVap hot food serving module)
Visit the FlashNews Archives