June 7, 2006
Chain Operating Report
Applebee’s, CBRL and other chains release operating results.
- Applebee’s reported system-wide, comparable sales decreased 1.9 percent for the four-week period ending May 21.
- Bruegger’s Enterprises Inc. reported comparable sales grew 8.1 percent at company locations and 5.7 percent at franchised units for the first quarter ending April 18.
- CBRL Group reported same-store sales decreased 2.8 percent for May.
- CKE restaurants announced same-store sales increased 6.8 percent for Carl’s Jr. and 7.9 percent for Hardee’s for a systemwide average of 7.3 percent at the close of the four-week period on May 22.
- Denny’s reported same-store sales decreased 2.3 percent for the four-week period ending May 24.
- OSI Restaurant Partners reported sales decreased 2.5 percent for Outback Steakhouse restaurants, 0.4 percent for Carrabba’s Italian Grills and 3.3 percent for Roy’s during the four-week period ending May 27. Sales increased 1.9 percent for Bonefish Grills and 7.4 percent for Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bars.
- Papa John’s reported domestic, systemwide comparable sales increased 5.2 percent for the four-week period ending May 21.
- Ryan’s Restaurant Group reported same-store sales decreased 1.7 percent for the four-week period ending May 31. Total sales decreased 3 percent.
- Smith & Wollensky reported same-store sales decreased 3.9 percent for the fiscal month ending May 29. Total restaurant sales for May were down 6.9 percent.
Visit the FlashNews Archives